Many of you reading this are no doubt wondering where I’m at in the process of my current novel, and some of you may not even know what I am writing at all. Well, I am here to give an answer to both, and also give you more information than that.
I am currently drowning in digital paper, much like our friend in the picture, but I’m treading through it as quickly as I can.
The newest novel set in Novyra is titled The Nomad’s Crucible, and it tells the story of an assassin as he falls into a war between three different factions as they vie for control of the planet’s political and ecological resources. It is a story full of magic, bloody war, politics, and self-realization. The story is set on a planet that was ravaged by a prior technological and industrial age, and will blend elements of both science fiction and fantasy, but with a heavier focus on fantasy, because I am, at my core, a fantasy author.
I’m very excited to bring the tale of the Nomad to your bookshelf, and I am currently working through the second draft of the book.
Project Assistants Needed
Besides the edits I am personally making, I have one Alpha reader who I lovingly refer to as my “editor.” If you wonder at the term Alpha, I am simply referring to the original and unedited mess of words and ideas that I call my first draft. Once I am at Beta stage, which will likely include at least one more draft, I am hopeful she will also agree to be a Beta reader. However I will need more than one Beta reader, and that is where some of you come in.
I will be looking for people to read my book who meet the following requirements:
- Well versed in English – I desperately need people who can point out my flaws in structure, prose, and grammar. I don’t mind if English isn’t your first language, as long as you know it well.
- Well read in Speculative Fiction – I don’t mind if you don’t read exclusively in fantasy, even though I prefer you have read a lot of it, and know what to look for in terms of magic systems, battles, etc.
- Trustworthy – This is extremely important. I can’t have my intellectual property ending up on the internet for all to see before publication, or worse yet being added to the work of someone else.
When The Nomad’s Crucible is ready for release, I will also be accepting requests for ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies).
You don’t think I would ask all of this of you without something in return do you? Of course not. Here are some things anyone involved in my project can expect from me.
- I will gift you a copy of my book in print, complete with a personalized autograph, or in e-book format.
- Your name, or pseudonym if you prefer, will appear in the “I would like to thank…” section of the book.
Whether you receive the ARC, or the gifted copy from me at publication, I will request an honest, and I do mean honest, Amazon review of the book that clearly states how you came by your copy of the book. Amazon weighs verified purchase reviews the heaviest, but I don’t want you to have to purchase the book in order to leave a review if I have already given you one.
Well that is all from me for now. Keep an eye out for my next post, because I just may include a snippet from The Nomad’s Crucible.
Don’t forget to read Talindor’s Guest if you haven’t. It’s a great introduction to Novyra, and to my writing in general. You can click here to buy it.
Embracing the Magic,